Friday, January 4, 2008

Today's weather

Today is a magnificent day, (except for the fact that I must miss Bible Study) The wind is so strong today that the rain is blowing side ways. I have been debating whether to drive in it all morning, but when the wind picked our swing set up and threw it into a tree I decided that I'd better not drive. (We really should have cemented it down.)

I have learned so much about how and why the wind blows, but the more I know the more I am amazed at God's power and grace. It seems the more I understand the scientific explanations I understand that God is perfect and has a plan that restrains the wind from completely destroying us and allows the storms to blow in our lives to remind us of who He is and how He holds us in his hands.

















Here is a map of the winds pummeling California. The red flags are the highest density winds. The white doesn't necessarily represent clouds but rather water vapor in this image, while the lovely spiral is an extremely strong low pressure system pulling all that moisture and wind over California. In other words, Bible study will have to be done on an individual basis for the day.

If you're in California, stay safe and dry today and trust God to see you through your storms.

No comments: