Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Blessing

My Mom 'tagged' me with a blessing and prayer, which I thought was a beautiful Idea, so I'd like to continue the gift. Here is the original explanation.

The idea… it’s a game of tag with a difference, rather than looking inwardly, we look outside ourselves and bless, praise and pray for one blog friend. By participating in this endeavour we not only make the recipient of the blessing feel valued and appreciated, but we are having some fun too. We’re going to see how far the bloggin’ blessings can travel around the world and how many people can be blessed! Recipients of a bloggin’ blessing may upload the above image {I chose not to use the image - Mark} to their sidebar if they choose to. If you recieve a bloggin’ blessin’ please leave a comment on this thread here so that we can rejoice in just how many blessings have been sent around the world!

Here are those whom I would like to pray for blessing on.

Melissa, my oldest daughter who has grown into such a beautiful woman. Her blog is Libellus Stellatus where her writing and artistic skills as well as her love and commitment to Jesus are made clear. May her year be filled with adventure and joy as she and her husband follow Jesus wherever He leads them.

Elizabeth, my second oldest daughter who is growing into a beautiful woman also. Her blog is You Don't Even Know, where her gift with words and passion are beautifully expressed. May her year and whole life be lit on fire with the passion of Jesus and may her words continue to spring out of her with her ongoing passion and honesty.

I love all of my children very much and if the rest had blogs I would be sending more blessings. However, at the moment my blogging community is quite small. But I can send back a blessing to my Mom who originally sent me one. Her blog Naming His Grace is rich and encouraging and speaks beautifully of Truth and Grace from God. So thank you Mom and may your year be rich with God's Grace and I will always pray that you are rested in Him and filled with his hope and joy no matter what is going on around you.

Here are some pictures of my wonderful family from 2007




Katie and her cousin dressed as sprites













My husband Derek graduating from Bible College












Emma and her Squrrel in our beloved Redwoods










Ethan at his Sabre Graduation with Royal Rangers












Liz going to the ball














Joshua "King of the Hill"

2 comments:

Jesus' Gal said...

Hi Jennifer,

I drop by here through your mom's blessing tag all the way from China! May God shine on you & your family ^.^!!!

As I read your bio, I feel so happy for you, your marriage, and SIX children!! Wow!!! And your discovery of interest and knowledge of Geography!!!

Ha! Wonderful pictures from a warm and energetic family!!!

Wow, Congragulation to your husband's graduation at the Bible college!!!! He must have felt all the grace of God during his studies. It was also the happiest and most grateful year of my life when I did my diploma at a seminary closely related to Fuller.


Cheers!! and lots of blessings!!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you, He was very glad to graduate, and I'm sure I will be one day too. I will have to look at your blog if the power lasts long enough today.