Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Katie's version

This is my daughter Katherine's version of the same event with the bird. I thought it was so beautiful I asked her if I could share it here.

It jumped out, spread its wings and fell to the ground unhurt. Suddenly a murderous scrub jay attacks the young bird then is scared away by humans. It layed there, surrounded by huge beings. Then one picked it up and carried it away into a house. It struggled to get up; the pain covered its whole body. Then the pain stopped and it got up and saw a bigger being with a pair of huge white wings so big it couldn't even fit in the house. Then it said "Come with me and take the ultimate flight." The bird understood and flew onto the winged beings shoulder. It looked back and saw itself in the humans hands, lifeless, then looked at itself and saw it was ten times bigger and ten times brighter. The being said, "It's time to leave," and they flew off, past the sky and out past space.

3 comments:

Dave Moody said...

from the mouths of babes...

thanks Jennifer for your comment on blog 137, glad it has been of some use to you.

Also glad I found "Speaking of..."- indeed we live in a broken, yet beautiful world, shimmering with the anticipation of its redemption. I look forward to seeing it through your words.

grace & peace,
dm

Jennifer said...

Thank you, your very encouraging.

Anonymous said...

Hi, that was some good writing on Katie's part. . .kind of sad story.

I have a blog here too now, the title of it is "Libellus Stellatus". I made it because grandma Viola seemed interested that I blog but it sounded like she didn't want to go on myspace, which is where I was blogging. So now I am blogging on here. Yay!